Choosing Your Child's Doctor in the Twin Cities
Choosing the right healthcare provider for your child is an important--and sometimes daunting-- decision. There are also a few steps you can take to help you in the decision-making process:
- Talk to others about doctors--family, friends, and neighbors and coworkers can be a great resource
- Check your insurance to make sure doctors you're interested in are covered by your plan
- Conduct a 'phone interview.' Call the office and ask some of your most important questions--how easy is it to get an appointment? What kind of coverage does the office have on weekends and nights? Who can I call with minor questions? Is the doctor board-certified? With what hospital is the doctor affiliated?
- Consider visiting the office or clinic in person. You might want t o check first to see if the office charges for an informational visit.You'll get a sense of the atmosphere and the personality of the providers.
- Go with your gut. Ask yourself if you like the doctor and staff.
... Continue reading Choosing Your Child's Doctor in the Twin Cities.
Children's Physican Network has a comprehensive directory of primary practitioners and primary care clinics that can give you a lot of practical information. The CPN Directory includes details about practitioners and staff, a description of the practice, locations, hours, and other relevant information.
Step-by-Step Guide to Choosing a Pediatrician
Childrens Physician Network has a handy guide to help you through the process of choosing your child's doctor. You can download the PDF here.
... Continue reading Step-by-Step Guide to Choosing a Pediatrician.
There will be a time when your child may need to see a specialist. Children's Physician Network has a comprehensive list of pediatric specialties to help you understand who does what--everything from asthma to urology. You can read more about specialties here.
Photo by Jyn Meyer
There will be a time when your child may need to see a specialist. Children's Physician Network has a comprehensive list of pediatric specialties to help you undertand who does what--everything from asthma to urology. You can read more about specialties here.
Photo by Jyn Meyer
... Continue reading Pediatric Specialties.